Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ikaruga Live incoming

News of a 360 port of Dreamcast/Gamecube uber-shooter Ikaruga arrived today after users of Xbox 360 debug units noticed it listed on PartnerNet, the area of Xbox Live cordoned off for developer and media use.

It has been known for awhile that Treasure was working on an original shooter for the 360 (the kind that comes on an old-fashioned "dee-vee-dee") but no Live Arcade titles had been confirmed.

I have a strange fascination with 2D shooters. I've always been drawn to them, but I almost never play them for more than a couple levels. They're just too damn hard. I think the only one I ever actually finished was Life Force on the NES because you could use the Contra code to get 30 lives. I can't even tell you how many times I had to keep myself from buying Gradius III&IV, Gradius V, and R-Type Final for PS2. And just recently I found myself ogling the Japanese only Salamander Collection and Parodius Collection for PSP.

I own Ikaruga on Gamecube, but I will likely purchase it for the 360 as well. Achievements will no doubt include near impossible goals like: "Finish game without dying." and the even more difficult "Finish the game without breaking controller."

Chances of me completing the game at all? Slim to none.

Source: Ikaruga confirmed for Xbox 360! - CVG

No comments: