Monday, April 7, 2008

Ikaruga Finally Blasting Off This Week on XBLA

One of my first posts on this blog was about Ikaruga heading to XBLA. At that point I would've expected the game to be out sometime during the summer, maybe the fall. Yet here we are a year later and the game is just straggling out now.

I just finished up Dark Sector (awesome) and Condemned 2 (even more awesome) and there isn't really much else this week so I might actually snag it when it drops on Wednesday for 800 MSP.

Since it has taken so long for it to arrive I'm hoping they went all out for the release, maybe including some bonus unlockable galleries and stuff (in addition to what the game had originally). The achievements were revealed a while back and for the most part are all pretty reasonable except the 1CC (1 Credit Clear) one, which is exactly as hard as it sounds. I can't fault them for that though, that'll be a true achievement for Ikaruga diehards. A shoot em up game pretty much has to have an achievement like that because it's the kind of thing fans will attempt to do anyway.

[via Kotaku]

No comments: